Microsoft® Windows®: Level 1
Course number: WIN-100
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- log on to Windows, explore its interface, and identify the different components present in the interface.
- customize the Windows desktop.
- manage files and folders.
- use the common tools and programs available in Windows.
- browse the Internet.
Lesson 1: Exploring Windows
- Topic 1A: Identify Personal Computer Functionality
- Topic 1B: Log On to Windows
- Topic 1C: Explore the Desktop
- Topic 1D: Work with Windows
- Topic 1E: Access the Help and Support Feature
- Topic 1F: Turn Off the Personal Computer
Lesson 2: Customizing the Windows Desktop
- Topic 2A: Customize the Start Menu
- Topic 2B: Customize the Taskbar
- Topic 2C: Personalize the Desktop
- Topic 2D: Add Gadgets to the Desktop
Lesson 3: Managing Folders and Files
- Topic 3A: Navigate to Folders Using Windows Explorer
- Topic 3B: Work with Folders and Files
- Topic 3C: Secure Folders and Files
- Topic 3D: Organize Folders and Files
- Topic 3E: Search for Folders and Files
Lesson 4: Using Common Tools and Programs in Windows
- Topic 4A: Create a Document in WordPad
- Topic 4B: Work with the Calculator
- Topic 4C: Capture Screens Using the Snipping Tool
- Topic 4D: Customize a Graphic with the Paint Tool
Lesson 5: Browsing the Internet
- Topic 5A: Get Familiar with the Internet
- Topic 5B: Browse Websites Using Internet Explorer 8
- Topic 5C: Download and Install a Gadget