Adobe® Photoshop®: Level 1
Course number: PHO-101
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- initiate a project.
- explore the Adobe Photoshop CS5 environment.
- determine the resolution and graphic type.
- work with selections.
- work with multiple layers.
- enhance images with paint and filters.
- identify the characteristics of various image modes and color adjustment options.
- save images for web and print.
Lesson 1: Initiating a Project
- Topic 1A: Plan a Project
- Topic 1B: Identify Copyright and Citation Requirements
Lesson 2: Exploring the Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 Environment
- Topic 2A: Explore the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 2B: Explore the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 2C: Customize the Workspace
- Topic 2D: Explore Adobe Bridge
Lesson 3: Determining Graphic Type and Resolution
- Topic 3A: Differentiate Between Raster and Vector Graphics
- Topic 3B: Understand Image Resolution
Lesson 4: Working with Selections
- Topic 4A: Create a Selection
- Topic 4B: Save a Selection
- Topic 4C: Modify a Selection
- Topic 4D: Apply Color to a Selection
Lesson 5: Working with Layers
- Topic 5A: Create Layers
- Topic 5B: Work with Type Layers
- Topic 5C: Transform Layers
- Topic 5D: Apply Styles
- Topic 5E: Undo Previous Steps
- Topic 5F: Manage Layers
Lesson 6: Enhancing Images with Paint and Filters
- Topic 6A: Paint on an Image
- Topic 6B: Apply Filter Effects
Lesson 7: Exploring Image Modes and Color Adjustments
- Topic 7A: Explore Grayscale and Bitmap Modes
- Topic 7B: Apply Color Adjustments
Lesson 8: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic 8A: Save Images for Print
- Topic 8B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 8C: Save Images as PDF