Microsoft® Office Access Training Application Development – VBA Advanced
Course number: ACC03-401
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
In previous levels, you were introduced to advanced topics that dealt with local database management. In this course, you will learn remote database management, how to exchange data with XML and other type applications, and how to automate your business processes by using VBA code.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- develop a data access page.
- develop a data access page, a PivotTable, and a PivotChart.
- import XML data and export Access data.
- use VBA to automate a business process.
- create and modify a database switchboard, and set and modify your startup options.
- distribute a database and add security features to it.
Lesson 1: Making Your Data Available on the Web
- Topic 1A: Create a Data Access Page by Using the Wizard
- Topic 1B: Improve the Presentation of the Data Access Page
- Topic 1C: Viewing Data Access Pages with the Browser
- Topic 1D: Edit Data Using the Data Access Page
- Topic 1E: Group Records in the Data Access Page
Lesson 2: Developing a Data Access Page in Design View
- Topic 2A: Create a Data Access Page in Design View
- Topic 2B: Incorporate a ComboBox in the Data Access Page
- Topic 2C: Test the New Record Function of the Data Access Page
- Topic 2D: Develop a PivotTable with the Office PivotTable Tool
- Topic 2E: Develop a PivotChart
Lesson 3: Integrating Access into Your Business
- Topic 3A: Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Topic 3B: Export Access Data to XML Format
- Topic 3C: Share Data with Other Office Applications
Lesson 4: Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Topic 4A: Create a Standard Module
- Topic 4B: Develop Code
- Topic 4C: Call a Procedure from a Form
- Topic 4D: Run the Procedure
Lesson 5: Creating a Switchboard and Setting the Startup Options
- Topic 5A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic 5B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic 5C: Set the Startup Options
- Topic 5D: Modify the Startup Options
Lesson 6: Distributing and Securing the Database
- Topic 6A: Split a Database
- Topic 6B: Implement Security
- Topic 6C: Set Passwords
- Topic 6D: Encode and Decode a Database
- Topic 6E: Convert an Access Database to an MDE File
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Specialist Program